We all want to make progress. But sometimes, staying the course can be tough. Progress can be slow, not to mention the set backs that you may encounter. The key is to not give up, and to keep moving forwards, however slowly. If you’ve felt like giving up lately, or if you’ve ever felt like giving up for that matter, here are 31 motivating progress quotes that will inspire you to keep going.
1. We all want progress, but if you’re on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive. – C. S. Lewis
2. I was taught that the way of progress was neither swift nor easy. – Marie Curie
3. “Failure is success in progress.” – Albert Einstein
4. “Comfort is the enemy of progress.” – P. T. Barnum
5. “Make measurable progress in reasonable time.” – Jim Rohn
6. Do not confuse motion and progress. A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress. —Alfred A Montapert
7. Strive for progress, not perfection
8. You don’t make progress by standing on the sidelines, whimpering and complaining. You make progress by implementing ideas. – Shirley Chisholm
9. Delay is the enemy of progress.” Eliot Spitzer
10. When you set out to accomplish something, recognize that slow, steady progress over time can lead to big success.
11. “Healthy discontent is the prelude to progress.” – Mahatma Gandhi.
12. “Whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King
13. “Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.” – Frank Zappa
14. “Never discourage anyone who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.” – Plato
15. Do not confuse motion and progress. A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress.
31 Motivating Progress Quotes To Inspire You To Keep Going
16. If you’re walking down the right path and you’re willing to keep walking, eventually you’ll make progress. – Barack Obama
17. Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything. – George Bernard Shaw
18. Problems are the price of progress. Don’t bring me anything but trouble. Good news weakens me. – Charles Kettering
19. We can each define ambition and progress for ourselves. The goal is to work toward a world where expectations are not set by the stereotypes that hold us back, but by our personal passion, talents and interests. – Sheryl Sandberg
20. “Be not afraid of going slowly, be afraid only of standing still.” – Chinese Proverb
21. A little progress each day adds up to big results.
22. “Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path.” – Winston Churchill.
23. “No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.” – Tony Robbins.
24. “Some quit due to slow progress. Never grasping the fact that slow progress is progress.” – Jeff Olson.
25. “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” – Muhammad Ali
26. “I’ll go anywhere as long as it’s forward.”- Barack Obama.
27. There are only two options, make progress or make excuses
28. “It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
29. “When any real progress is made, we unlearned and learn anew what we thought we knew before.” – Henry David Thoreau.
30. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain
31. “The big secret in life is that there is no secret. Whatever your goal, you can get there if you’re willing to work.” – Oprah Winfrey
If you liked these 31 progress quotes and you’re looking for more motivation and inspiration, then check out these 21 Quotes That Will Inspire You To Embrace New Beginnings And Kick-ass This Year
Leave A Comment