You were super motivated when you got started on a particular project, but lately, you’ve started to lose focus. Does this ring true for you? If the answer’s yes, and let’s face it, we’ve all been there, then you know that this is when it becomes all about self-discipline. Self-discipline will keep you moving forwards however unmotivated you might be feeling. That’s why the most successful people have mastered this powerful skill. If you’re struggling to stay the course, these self-discipline quotes will remind you just how critical self-discipline is, and give you the kick in the butt we all need sometimes.
1. Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.” – Jim Rohn
2. “If you wish to be out front, then act as if you were behind.” – Lao Tzu
3. The first and greatest victory is to conquer self.” – Plato
4. Do not consider painful what is good for you.” – Euripides
5. With this magic ingredient, you can accomplish anything and everything you want to, and it is called self-discipline.” – Brian Tracy
6. Great leaders always have self-discipline -without exception.” – John C. Maxwell
7. Most powerful is he who has himself in his own power.” – Seneca
8. It is not enough to have great qualities; We should also have the management of them.” – La Rochefoucauld
9. I have naturally formed the habit of restraining my thoughts. A thoughtless word hardly ever escaped my tongue or pen. Experience has taught me that silence is part of the spiritual discipline of a votary of truth. We find so many people impatient to talk. All this talking can hardly be said to be of any benefit to the world. It is so much waste of time. My shyness has been in reality my shield and buckler. It has allowed me to grow. It has helped me in my discernment of truth. – Mahatma Gandhi
10. “The foundation of a strong self comes from small acts of daily discipline.” ― Ophelia Filek
11. “Always Remember to take your Vitamins: Take your Vitamin A for ACTION, Vitamin B for Belief, Vitamin C for Confidence , Vitamin D for Discipline, Vitamin E for Enthusiasm!!” ― Pablo Valle
12. “It’s been said that there are only two pains in life, the pain of discipline or the pain of regret, and that discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons.” ― Anthony Robbins
13. “Some people regard discipline as a chore. For me, it is a kind of order that sets me free to fly.” – Julie Andrews
14. Don’t let the things of the world distract you. Focus on your purpose.” ― Sunday Adelaja
15. “Striving to be good is the ultimate struggle of every man. Being bad is easy, but being good requires sincere commitment, discipline and strength. We have to work hard every day just to remain good.” ― Suzy Kassem
16. “Not one life reaches its potential until it is determined, dedicated, and disciplined.” ― Shaneen Clarke
17. “Through discipline comes freedom.” — Aristotle
18. “Success is measured by your discipline and inner peace.” — Mike Ditka
19. True discipline is really just self-remembering; no forcing or fighting is necessary.” ― Charles Eisenstein
20. Discipline yourself to do the things you need to do when you need to do them, and the day will come when you will be able to do the things you want to do when you want to do them.” – Zig Ziglar
21. The center of bringing any dream into fruition, is self-discipline.” – Will Smith
22. The more disciplined you become, the easier life gets.” – Steve Pavlina
23. Discipline is built by consistently performing small acts of courage.” – Robin Sharma
24. “With self-discipline most anything is possible.” –Theodore Roosevelt
25. “The first and best victory is to conquer self.” — Plato
26. “You can never conquer the mountain. You can only conquer yourself.” –Jim Whittaker
27. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.” —Aristotle
28. “If we were supposed to talk more than we listen, we would have two mouths and one ear.” –Mark Twain
29. “He that cannot obey, cannot command.” —Benjamin Franklin
30. A disciplined mind leads to happiness, and an undisciplined mind leads to suffering.” – Dalai Lama
31. Success is a result of daily disciplines compounded over time.” – Darren Hardy
32. We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment.” – Jim Rohn
33. You have power over your mind, not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” – Marcus Aurelius
34. No man is fit to command another that cannot command himself.” – William Penn
35. Most talk about ‘super-geniuses’ is nonsense. I have found that when ‘stars’ drop out, successors are usually at hand to fill their places, and the successors are merely men who have learned by application and self-discipline to get full production from an average, normal brain.”- Charles M. Schwab
36. You will never have a greater or lesser dominion than that over yourself…the height of a man’s success is gauged by his self-mastery; the depth of his failure by his self-abandonment. …And this law is the expression of eternal justice. He who cannot establish dominion over himself will have no dominion over others.” – Leonardo da Vinci
37. “Self-discipline is an act of cultivation. It requires you to connect today’s actions to tomorrow’s results.”-Gary Ryan Blair.
38. “Small disciplines repeated with consistency every day lead to great achievements gained slowly over time.”- John C. Maxwell.
39. “When a man is sufficiently motivated, discipline will take care of itself.”-Albert Einstein.
40. “Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines, practiced every day.”-Jim Rohn.
41. The great master key to riches is nothing more or less than the self-discipline necessary to help you take full and complete possession of your own mind.”-Napoleon Hill.
42. “It’s a lot more than mind over matter.” -David Goggins.
43. Self-discipline calls for a balancing of the emotions of your heart with the reasoning faculty of your head.” -Napoleon Hill.
44. Motivation gets you going, but discipline keeps you growing.” –John C. Maxwell.
45. “One discipline always leads to another discipline.”-Jim Rohn.
46. “Never believe a promise from a man or woman who has no discipline. They have broken a thousand promises to themselves, and they break their promise for you.” -Matthew Kelly.
47. “The fact is, discipline is only punishment when imposed on you by someone else. When you discipline yourself, it’s not punishment but empowerment.” – Les Brown.
48. “The more I disciplined myself to take notice of the good things in life, the more I began to recognize just how much there is to be thankful for.” – Krystal Kuehn.
49. “It sounds simple telling people to work hard and never quit, but to really execute and demonstrate those principles takes discipline and faith. Those are the two factors that I believe separate the good from the great, the successes from the failures.” -Nipsey Hussle.
50. “Many people think they want things, but they don’t really have the strength, the discipline. They are weak. I believe that you get what you want if you want it badly enough.” -Sophia Loren.
51. “Without any self-sacrifice, how can there be a success?” -Lailah Gifty Akita.
52. “Overcoming the pain of self-discipline, we achieve our goals and move towards our dreams.” -Sunday Adelaja
53. “If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.” -Buddha.
54. “It is better to conquer self than to win a thousand battles.” -Buddha.
55. “Rule your mind or it will rule you.” -Horace.
56. The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It’s your mind you have to convince. – Vince Lombardi
57. Everybody starts at the top, and then has the problem of staying there. Lasting accomplishment, however, is still achieved through a long, slow climb and self-discipline. – Helen Hayes
58. “Self-discipline begins with the mastery of thought.” — Napoleon Hill
If you liked these quotes, you might also like:
31 Motivating Progress Quotes That Will Inspire You To Keep Going
37 Of The Most Powerful Quotes On Vision
35 Inspirational Career Quotes From The World’s Most Powerful Women
Leave A Comment