There are many life lessons that we can learn. Some life lessons we learn from our experiences and some life lessons come from the experiences of others. Wherever the life lesson comes from, the most important thing is that we learn from it and put these lessons into practice. If you feel like your life is out of your control, here are 19 good quotes about life lessons that will inspire you to take back control of your life, and empower you to move forwards and take action.
1. “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ―C. S. Lewis
2. “You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.” ―Oprah Winfrey
3. “In the long run, we shape our lives, and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die. And the choices we make are ultimately our own responsibility.” ―Eleanor Roosevelt
4. “Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.” ―Mary Tyler Moore
5. “You just can’t let life happen to you; you have to make life happen.” – Soren Kierkegaard.
6. “Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.” – M. Scott Peck
7. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
8. “Believe in yourself. You are braver than you think, more talented than you know, and capable of more than you imagine.” ― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
9. “The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.” – William Mather Lewis.
10. “I don’t want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.”
11. My greatest life lesson has been that life can change in a second. This is why it’s important to always live your best possible life and to do what you can for others. – Niki Taylor
12. Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner. –Lau Tzu
13. “Don’t beat yourself up for not knowing the answers. You don’t always have to know who you are. You don’t have to have the big picture or know where you’re heading. Sometimes, it’s enough just to know what you’re going to do next.”
14. “We are products of our past, but we don’t have to be prisoners of it.”
15. The world is what you think of it, so think of it differently and your life will change.” – Paul Arden
16. “If plan A doesn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters – 204 if you’re in Japan.”
17. “There is a powerful driving force inside every human being that, once unleashed, can make any vision, dream, or desire a reality.” – Anthony Robbins
18. “I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure–It is: Try to please everybody.” – Herbert Bayard Swope
19. “Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.”
If you enjoyed these good quotes about life lessons, for more life inspiration, and motivation to help you get going here are 51 New Beginning Quotes That Will Inspire You To Embrace A Fresh Start